01 June 2009

Hopi in a Halter

I've been spending a few minutes a day in the pasture a few times a day. Yesterday I started working with a halter--getting it partly on, taking it off again, over and over. I just got in from another short pasture visit but this time left Hopi in the little red halter. She let me put it on then a little later adjust it to fit.

So the next step will be teaching her to be led.

A few days ago, we moved the larges horses onto their summer grass. This year DH even set up a water cup instead of the usual trough he needed to fill every day by pushing jugs over in the wheelbarrow. The change is SUCH a relief for him. It was expensive in hose, but worth it.

With my back problems, I'm not allowed to ride right now, so it is not an issue for me to have them over there. When it improves, we'll have to work out if we can safely remove Ria from the pasture.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you and Hopi have been really making friends. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete